Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oklahoma City Memorial

While we were in Oklahoma City, the thing I wanted to see the most was the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. It was so pretty and peaceful. All of the chairs represent each person that lost their life in the bombing.
Look at this picture closely. Notice the smaller chair. The smaller chairs represent all the children that died in the bombing. Very hard to see. (Look at the bird...That's cool!) The water you see in the background is the reflection pool.


There were four chalkboards that you could write messages on for the family's of the victims. Ky wrote a message.

These were tiles that children from all over the US painted. What a cool place to visit. Very educational for my boys too. We need to be thankful for everything we have!




3 comments:

kristinbednarz said...

Emily, I LOVED this memorial when we went several years ago. Did you go inside the museum? You may not have had time, but well worth the time and effort.

Tamora said...

We visited a couple of years ago and it is so surreal! I remember when it happened. I am glad you were able to take your boys.

Jenn said...

Hi Emily,

I am looking over your blog today. Our family has not been to the memorial but I would like to go. I am glad you and your family could share that together.