Thursday, June 12, 2008

All*Star All Done

Last week was a hard week! I signed the closing papers on my cheerleading gym. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I know that since my boys are getting older, there will be more sports activities after school, and Todd and I decided that we both needed to be there! Since Ky will be a freshman this year, we only have four more years with him! It is so hard to believe.
(The "bli" was tumbling, buy Ky never finished scraping it off!)
I drove by yesterday and everything was scraped off the windows and it looked like they were knocking out walls. It is going to be a church for a while and then a youth center.
Here was the wall in my cheer room! I wanted to make sure I had pictures to remember everything! I was only in this building for 4 years, but taught cheer for 15 years. Like Brooke says, "New chapter, New beginnings!"
Bye Bye All*Star!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I was wondering what "bli" was. :o)

Congrats on selling your gym - I know it is bittersweet for you. Enjoy this new chapter in your life.

Tamora said...

OHHH Emily! I know that must have been hard! Good luck with your new chapter!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Hey! This post gave me chills...I know you put your heart and soul into this gym and those girls for all of those years. I want you to know I think you did a wonderful job and the kids had a great time. New chapter for you...I am sure its going to be fabulous. Thinkin' bout ya!!

Happy Mama said...

That will always be a part of you no matter where you are or what you are doing. What great parents you are to put your kids before everything and I know that has to mean so much to them too. May God bless you with great experiences and new adventures!

Kerry Kern said...

Well, I am happy for you, it is hard having your own business, and I understand your emotions being all over the map, but I am proud of you, maybe I can do that some day!!:)